The History of the Westwood Books Building
The building that now houses Westwood Books originally began life as a village hall, then a cinema, then a factory and then Westwood Books.
We're looking into the history and hoping to add more information here as we learn it.
Photos and information above courtesy of Sedbergh History Society. A sale listing from 1925 when the building was a cinema.
When the building was converted from Galliot's factory into the book shop, owners Mark and Evelyn Westwood documented it's transformation. Here are some images of the building work.